Expose Yourself – 2018 CALL TO ARTISTS
Expose Yourself is a boundary-pushing, body-celebrating, hilarity-making, multi-disciplinary art exhibition based in Powell River, BC. We value art, humanity, and humour (and a little punk rock)
Expose Yourself exhibition seeks artist contributions for the 2018 event held March 23 – April 08, 2018 at the new Powell River Art Council’s gallery, TAC, in Powell River BC. Submissions and enquiries should be sent via email to EYexhibition@gmail.com The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 23, 2018.
2018 theme: ‘Resist/Submit’ Artists are invited to artistically depict the theme ‘Resist/Submit’ by exploring a wide variety of possibilities including resisting or submitting to; desires, dreams, societal norms, stereo-types, your nature, the natural world, love, power (yours? theirs? ours?), time, culture, aging, imagery, politics, boundaries, passions… Anything one chooses to keep in the closet or flaunt. We hope artists will take this broad theme and dig deep. Submissions depicting diversity in life styles, sexuality, bodies, and political satire are encouraged.
Visual Art Submissions (2D, 3D, photography, sculpture and installation work in all media) that explore the theme of ‘Resist/Submit’.
- No more than 5 works created within the last two years.
- All image files labeled with artist name, title, size and medium.
- A bio and brief artist statement that describes you/your selected pieces and any applicable links to artist promotions.
- Outline of any specific hanging or display needs (if needed)
- A jury fee of $15 CAD is required (via PayPal, e-transfer, or cheque)
- Digital images of each submission via email.
Seeking diverse, boundary-pushing poets, singers, dancers, actors, or speakers!
Performance Art/Workshop Submissions should include:
- Overview of performance/workshop (subject, length, staging, audio/video/lighting needs) via email.
- Budget/requested performance fees if applicable
- Name, email, phone number and any appropriate links or promotions
- There is no jury fee required for this submission category
Deadline for submission: Friday, February 23, 2018
You do not have to be a resident of Powell River to submit or exhibit for this exhibition. We welcome new and returning artists with new works.